Minister of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine M. Prysyazhnyuk paid his official visit to China 18 to 20 August 2011.
During the visit the Minister met with his counterpart, Minister of Agriculture of China Han Changfu, Vice President of China Eximbank Zhu Xinqing, the leadership of Chinese corporations (CAMCE, CMCEC) and visited the First Tractor Plant in the city of Luoyang, Henan province. Minister of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine also took part in the business forum for Ukrainian and Chinese enterprises operating in agriculture organized by the Embassy of Ukraine in China.
During the meeting between M.Prysyazhnyuk and Han Changfu both sides noted that cooperation between the two countries in agriculture is determinated by the leaders of both countries as a priority in the development of trade and economic relations between Ukraine and China, taking into account the growing demand for food worldwide.
The main directions of cooperation are fixed the following:
- Joint construction of livestock facilities in Ukraine and pig farms, followed by sell of product in Ukraine and abroad;
- Creating joint ventures to grow soybeans and wheat, for further selling abroad;
- Construction of modern elevators and granaries;
- Construction of greenhouses for year-round vegetable production and developing a range of wholesale vegetable markets in Ukraine;
- Cooperation in the scientific field of agricultural sector and in the area of biomedicine.
During the visit the Minister M. Prysyazhnyuk in Beijing the sides conducted the first meeting of Ukraine-China Subcommittee on cooperation in agriculture. During the visit the sides signed several documents, including Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Agriculture and Food of Ukraine, the Export-Import Bank of China and China National Corporation of machine industry and general contracting (СМСЕС) on cooperation on agricultural development in Ukraine.
During a stay in Beijing the Minister M. Prysyazhnyuk gave interview to the Chinese media.